AAe’s ecologists are experience in surveying for a wide variety of wild birds, including barn owls, wintering birds, nesting birds and breeding birds. Our team can determine whether the scheme will require a specific bird survey. AAe can also advise on avoiding any negative impacts the development may have on wild birds and applying mitigation and compensation methods when avoidance is not possible.
Services that AAe can provide include:
- Liaison with local record centres, bird clues etc. to establish whether a wild bird survey may be needed on a development site.
- Advise on preventing birds nesting before a development takes place.
- Advise on providing replacement nesting sites for any that are removed.
- Recommend and source a suitable amount of replacement habitat where birds are displaced, especially Section 41 birds and red and amber listed species.
- Post-development monitoring where birds are displaced or affected by development.
- Production of Bird Control/Hazard Management Plans in accordance with the Civil Aviation Authority.